Search This Blog

Monday 10 November 2014

Why I think Jim Murphy MP will be a Good Leader for the Scottish Labour Party?

I strongly support the candidacy of Jim Murphy MP, former Chair and continuing member of Labour Friends of Israel, for the leadership of the Scottish Labour Party. Throughout his political career, Murphy has demonstrated loyal support for the Israeli state, and disregarded the criticism from the left of his party and from the Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign (SPSC).  
With Jim Murphy as leader and Kezia Dug Dale as deputy, Scottish Labour will be well placed to win back the trust of the Scottish people.

Jim has a track record of winning and has already laid out an ambitious yet credible plan for taking Scottish Labour into government and using the powers of the Scottish Parliament to tackle poverty and increase pay in Scotland.

Renaud Sarda 

 JimMurphy-web

I don’t just want to lead Scottish Labour, I want to lead Scottish Labour to victory. The job I am applying for is to be First Minister of

We have an opportunity to have a fresh start in Scotland. The debate that has dominated Scottish politics for a generation, where power lies, is coming to an end. With a powerful parliament the never ending debate on powers can be replaced with a debate on increasing prosperity and tackling poverty.

In the last few months I have travelled to every part of our country. Standing on street corners, on high streets and in village halls. People are crying out for change

We are at a historic turning point. Do we want to live in the past or move forward as one nation? Will we keep fighting the battles of the referendum or will we bring people together and deliver real change in Scotland?

I will unite Labour and bring our country back together.

I will lead Scottish Labour from Scotland, for Scotland. I will listen and work with everyone who wants to make this a fairer country, but I will never be afraid to speak my mind and to stand up for what is right for Scotland.”

If you are one of the millions of Scots who want to see Scottish Labour winning again then please join me.

Jim Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment