Search This Blog

Thursday 18 December 2014

Obama At Overheard Hanukkah Reception Comment: ‘I Am Jewish In My Soul’

Photo/AP

Photo/AP

In an account of President Barack Obama’s Hanukkah reception in the White House on Wednesday, the Jewish Journal’s David Suissa writes an overheard conversation in which the president said that he’s Jewish in his soul.

The revelation came during the president’s rope line after the formal speeches, in which an attendee caught the attention of the president and told his the following:

“Mr President, when I told my Christian friend I was coming to a Channukah party at the White House, he told me, ‘I didn’t know the President was Jewish!,’” the person was quoted as saying.

“The President let out a serious belly laugh. But in all the commotion of people asking other questions and everyone clicking their smart phone cameras, it was easy to lose sight of the president to see if he had anything to say,” Suissa writes.

After about three or four seconds, as he was walking away, President Obama responded, “I am, in my soul.”

No comments:

Post a Comment