Search This Blog

Monday 8 June 2015

Hamodia Cancels For-Pay Meetings with Litzman After Angry Letter

Last week, JP reported on a conference being organized by Hamodia in which the newspaper offered to organize meetings with MK Yaakov Litzman, the new Deputy Health Minister, for the sum of $25,000.

MK Litzman was quick to respond. In a letter addressed to the Director General of the newspaper that was published by Kol Chai, Litzman asked to cancel the event.

 “The media reported the existence of a document inviting companies and organizations to meet with me for a fee at the important Administrators Forum. I want to emphasize to you that the document was made without my knowledge, and of course entirely without my consent to the above program,” Litzman wrote. “I am distressed that you have chosen to involve areas of marketing and advertising with the proper conduct of the health system. It is not according to proper procedure and medical ethics.”

“Needless to say, it is well known that there is no need for anyone wishes to contact me to pay,” he continued. “Enterprises and organizations turn to me and meet me every day. My bureau is open to all comers. Since taking office two weeks ago I have met with dozens of them including the managers of HMOs, and these meetings are entirely without Compensation and unconditional. On my desk have accumulated two thousand public inquiries from all origins and all are treated without any demand for payment from those addressing it. I would like to make amends in this respect. “

Hamodia rushed to cancel the aforementioned sessions.
litzman

No comments:

Post a Comment