Search This Blog

Sunday 10 October 2010

Why Some Many People are Anti-Israel in Dundee?

I am appalled at the suggestion by a protest group, allegedly backed by some Dundee City councillors, that the authority “boycotts” Israeli goods and services.

Not only does this have the nasty undertones of 1930s Germany, but I wonder how many of these protesters, who would back this, are currently going without a Chinese takeaway meal or Turkish kebabs on a Saturday night, in protest at the treatment of people in Tibet and Greek Cyprus respectively by these regimes.
Has this hatred been pass it on from generation to generation or may be it beguin since Israel has been established? I remember clearly from my university days when I was attending a so called peace gathering in Dundee to make sure Israel doesn't get the usual bashing from leftist students; I was choked when I was confronted by some idiot who said to me "You and your people killed my Jesus". There is the question of the social geography of the movement.  I would assume that there are more haters of Israel, proportionately, in the universities or unions, council departments and among the chattering classes, i.e. wherever, Muslim students or leftist and left-liberal lefties ideologies are stronger like the case here in Dundee for example.

How much influence do these folks wield ?  They are regularly quoted and praised by Arab/Muslim Pakistani groups especially here in Glasgow. 

Renaud Sarda


No comments:

Post a Comment