jeremy-bowen-Image-0002

Gaza, (Palestine Telegraph) -  The BBC’s Middle East editor reporter in Gaza, stated in an article published in the Newstatesman, “I saw no evidence of Hamas using Palestinians as human shields”

 
“I was back in London for my son’s 11th birthday party by the time all those people were killed in Shejaiya. But my impression of Hamas is different from Netanyahu’s. I saw no evidence during my week in Gaza of Israel’s accusation that Hamas uses Palestinians as human shields. I saw men from Hamas on street corners, keeping an eye on what was happening. They were local people and everyone knew them, even the young boys. Raji Sourani, the director of the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights in Gaza, told me that Hamas, whatever you think of it, is part of the Palestinian DNA.” Said in the article

 
Bowen added that Hamas is unlike Netanyahu who attacks civilians.