Saturday, 4 June 2011
Is Israel a soft touch?
Lets see if I got this right...
1. If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years in prison at hard labor.
2. If you cross the Iranian border illegally you get imprisoned indefintiely.
3. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally you get shot to death.
4. If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you get imprisoned.
5. If you cross the Chinese border illegally you disappear, period.
6. If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you get tried as a spy.
7. If you cross the Cuban border illegally you get to rot in prison.
8. If you cross the English border illegally you get imprisoned and deported.
9. If you cross the Russian border illegally you get sent to Siberia as a spy.
10. If you cross the Israeli border illegally you get a job, welfare rights, a place to live, free education,
free health care, support from social justice lobbies, media sympathy,
a U.N. certificate for the protection of immigrants,
the right to protest about not being treated properly,
and if you have a child, citizenship.
Israel gets.................................. denunciations from around the world,
including from the countries named in items 1-9,
for its poor treatment of refugees.
Do you understand? Or maybe you can pass it on to someone who understands better than we...