Search This Blog

Saturday 5 July 2014

Reclusive Isis chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi appears in first video posted to YouTube

The leader of the militant Islamist group Isis has called on Muslims to obey him, in what is his first video sermon.

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has been appointed caliph of the group, led Friday prayers marking Ramadan from the Al-Nouri Mosque in Mosul, Iraq, which the Sunni jihadist organisation has held for three weeks.

Baghdadi, who before had only been seen in photographs, appeared in the video amid reports that he had been killed in an Iraqi air raid, and praised the establishment of the ‘Islamic state’.

‘I am the wali who presides over you,’ he says.

Reclusive Isis chief appears in first video
The reclusive Baghdadi addressed the Muslim world from Mosul in northern Iraq (Picture: Souhman Azil/YouTube)

‘Though I am not the best of you, so if you see that I am right, assist me.

‘If you see that I am wrong, advise me and put me on the right track, and obey me as long as I obey God in you.’

Isis has rampaged through northern Iraq in recent weeks, executing Shia Muslims and occupying towns, cities and oil fields.

They have been roundly condemned across the Muslim world as being against Sharia law.

‘The Islamic caliphate can’t be restored by force. Occupying a country and killing half of its population… this is not an Islamic state, this is terrorism,’ Sheikh Abbas Shuman of Al-Azhar University told theInternational Business Times.


http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/05/reclusive-isis-chief-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-appears-in-first-video-posted-to-youtube-4788018/?

No comments:

Post a Comment