Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

Please help support the legal battle if you can. even a small amount helps


May 26, 2011 / fightingfund

My Appeal

Please help support the legal battle if you can. even a small amount helps (seehttps://fightingfund.wordpress.com/)
Firstly, thank you very much indeed for taking the time to visit this site!
I was encouraged to create this site given the substantial defence costs relating to having been charged following defending myself from a violent unprovoked biting attack in March 2011 at SOAS University, London. Though with any luck and good sense costs will be awarded, further funds are required into the client account prior to the case.
In addition to the general stressfulness of the event, the potential added financial burden is obviously significant.
StandWithUs UK has generously committed to covering the costs leading to when I was surprisingly charged, which we had not at all expected, however we are now asking from community assistance to cover my legal representation leading up to and throughout the trial. Any excess for this second legal stage can also help offset their outlay.
Whilst peacefully attending SOAS University with three others, to counter “Israeli Apartheid Week” by engaging attendees in Israel advocacy, I was, at the end of the second day, suddenlyattacked and bitten to the face, forcing me to act appropriately and legally to defend myself and others. After the incident I was hospitalised for some hours.
Subsequently, despite my injuries and the nature of the attack, my attacker was only charged with Common Assault. For one reason or another, which we hope to expose, a false case has been brought against me and despite having only acted in self-defence, I was also charged with the SAME offence.
I would very much appreciate both your moral support leading up to and during the case, and anyfinancial contribution you would be happy and able to contribute to my fighting fund re my forthcoming trial in July.
Should justice prevail and I be acquitted, with full costs awarded, I will update the site and advertise how we will propose to best go about returning the funds. Please leave your contact details with any greatly appreciated donation.
Many many thanks in advance,
DG

No comments:

Post a Comment